For new user please look out for the MusicFreelancer Activation email. Please check your inbox and junk/spam box for the MusicFreelancer activation link.
If you did not receive an activation email please go to your dashboard and click on the resend activation button on the green message on top of your dashboard.
Adding Your Skills
1. Head to the right side of your dashboard and click Edit Skills
2. Choose the right skills that match your preferences.
3. Once skills are selected it will show up on the right side of your dashboard.
Note: Adding skills is optional but it's recommended for you to add a few skills to increase your chance of getting hired.
Creating Your Profile
1. Click on edit profile. Here you can start adding your credential and achievement. This is your personal business space.
2. You can add profile pic and your own custom cover photo here.
3.You can add video file, music, image, document etc.. of your achievement and work in the Add Portfolio button. Files must be Wav, mp3, mp4, webm, ogg, jpg, png, gif, docx, eps, psd.
Add detail about your work.When you are done click add.
Your uploaded files will show up for employers and other freelancers to view. You can also remove or edit your upload anytime.
4. Add your credential , experiences, hourly wages, etc.. in your profile. This help employers get a better sense of who you are and your background better.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can access support by going to the bottom site footer and click support. This will take you to our support page.
You can also access additional guides and support with our help section located on your top navigation menu.
Searching For Jobs
After you have created your profile,you can start submitting proposals for jobs. You can find and evaluate jobs by browsing "find jobs" or by receiving invitations from potential clients to submit proposals for their jobs.
To browse jobs:
1. Go to 'Find jobs' on the top navigation bar. Here you can choose on the type of jobs criteria you want starting with latest jobs, low bids, high bids etc...
2. You can browse specific jobs by selecting the search filter to the left menu of the page:
Specific music type
3. Once you found the rigth job click on the Apply to this job button to begin reading the job detail and start bidding.
Once a project is accepted from both parties and is ready for work, create a milestone:
Guide to creating a milestone:
1. If you're an employer, simply head over to your "as employer" under my project and select the active tab
2. Click on the link "Set Milestone" which will take you to the milestone creation page.
3. Once there, you will see the total bid of the project in the top right corner. You can also see the progress bar which will progress base on the funds you have created to meet the max bid amount. Enter the amount, title, date of the payment that the freelancer must meet, and description. Once you are set click the create button to start your first milestone. Music freelancer will deduct a small 3% fee from the miletsone amount you have created.
4. Once you have created your first miletsone, you will be direct back to the specific project milestone control page. Here you can release the funds, cancel, or create a dispute for that specific milestone. You can create more milestone by clicking the "create a milestone" on top right under the project number. You can also see your milestone create history by looking at the "outgoing create milestone" tab on the bottom.
1. Starting dispute can be access from your dashboard under dispute
2. Click create dispute to start your dispute .
3. Choose the project and the user to dispute. Type your issue as detail as possible and upload any files you may want to show as evidence during the dispute process. Once click submit, you will enter stage two of the dispute process.
4. Once you are in stage two. You can click the amount that you want to dispute for and submit evidence until the 5 days are up. Both side have to come into conclusion in 5 days. Once the deadline have pass and both side have not come into a conclusion, will be given a chance to enter into an arbitration. All evidence submit during the stage 3 arbitration will NOT be consider valid evidence. Only evidence from stage two and under the 5 days time frame are consider valid evidence.
5. If you agree to the dispute amount during stage 2, click accept offer to agree on the dispute payment and close the case. Dispute funds will be disburse from the agree amount to your balance.
What Is My Bookmark Project?
Bookmark project is for user who want to save specific post job that they like for viewing and accessing it later. Think of it like a memory card for saving jobs.
1. When searching for jobs, click into a specific job and a " bookmark this project" button will be available. Click the button to save that specific job into you "my bookmark project" in user profile.
2. Go to profile. Click on "my bookmark project" to access the bookmark job that you save earlier.
3. Another way to view your saved job is to hover the mouse over the find jobs tab above the site and click on "bookmark project". There you can see the jobs that had been bookmark earlier.
How Does ClassifiedAds Work?
ClassifiedAds is where musician's filmmaker come to buy and sell items like gears and accessories.
1. To access ClassifiedAds, go to main profile and on the left under "Add Classified Ads" are 4 links
2. Add Classified Ads- User can start posting their item by filling out all the necessary detail for the item in add classified ads. Upon completing the description click on "preview" to preview the item page and click "save" to post the item publicly.
3.Classified Ads List is where you can view and edit all the items that you had posted. You can edit the item by clicking on the green pencil icon.
4. Any user that sent you a message about the product will be shown in the "View Enquiries" section.
How Do You Earn Money?
Once you have completed a job. Employer will send you money which will be deposit to your balance. You can check this on the top menu.
You can also monitor your incoming and outgoing funds from your transaction history tab. Go to my finance and select transaction history.
1. You can click on the upgrade membership button in front of your dashboard or the drop down membership link located in the drop down menu from your profile pic.
2. Select any of the membership plan you wish to choose. Once selected click on the upgrade membership button to start your membership. Membership starting from basic to pro will be charge monthly from the selection date you chose on the plan.
To withdraw your payment follow these simple steps:
1. Go to the My Finance tab in the drop down menu from your profile pic
2. Go to the withdraw tab. Enter the amount you wish to withdraw and click withdraw funds.
Note: You need to have at least $30 in your balance to be able to withdraw. Any amount less than $30.00 will not allow you to process.
Searching for freelancers
To browse freelancers profiles:
1. On the home page, select find freelancer in the top navigation bar.
2. You can filter the search results using the options in the left navigation. Search by genre, budget, skills, country etc. for the right freelancers for you.
3. You can click into each freelancer profile and see his or her qualification, review, skills, etc.. You can also invite the freelancer to check out your newly post project or message the freelancer by clicking the chat button or the send message button.
Once employer and provider agree on the job, head over to workroom to begin
Workroom is where employer and provider work by sending files back and forth. Provider will upload his work for the employer to see. Employer can view sample of the work in doc , video, and audio format. When the employer is satisfy with the final outcome of the provider work then he can select the multiple files , pay the provider, and download the work straight off of musicfreelancer.
1. Go to "as freelancer" and head to "current work". There you can see all the job available to you as a provider. Click the "workroom" link to enter workroom.
2. Once you're in the workroom, you can send the employer message, check your payment history, check milestone, and most importanly send files to your employer to see you progress by clicking "Send Sample File".
3.Send sample file, you can send video, audio, and doc files. MusicFreelancer only accept (.m4a, webm, and ogg) video files. For music files we currently accept ( aac, mp4, mp3, and ogg) Wav will be supported very soon. For now you can convert WAV files to mp3 and send it .
1.Employer can head to workroom through clicking "as employer" under my project and head to the "active" tab. There you can see all the job that is currently being work on.
2. Select workroom.
3. Employer can send message to freelancer, check milestone, payment history, view sample file, view final.
4. View sample file allow the employer to view files that the provider have sent for review. Here you can view each files to see if anything is wrong. Employer can downoad sample of the files or share to a friend to view the work.
5. Once satisfy with the result, the "mark as final file" will be where you select the final files that you want to fully download. Once click submit, the files will be sent to a queue system in the "final view" page.
6. Once in the final view page, click submit and a term of agreement box will pop up. Clicking agree will send you to the milestone page. All amount must be paid to the provider or else the files won't be downloaded. Once full amount is paid, return to the view final file page in workroom, now the employer can download the files directly into desktop.
Post a Job
To post jobs on musicfreelancer.net,
1.click on " Start Hiring Freelancer" button in the upper left corner of the navigation bar.
2. Add the project description, project name, your budget level , the experience level you want from a freelancer, skills etc.
3.You may attach up to 10 files (maximum size 50 MB per attachment) that help clarify the job requirements
4. Select a Fixed price or Hourly job. Fixed price jobs are best when you have well-defined scope and structure for the work. If the job scope is less certain and you would like to work with your contractor on a more flexible basis, then choose the hourly option. Hourly jobs are work in hourly based.
5. You may choose to select any of the post features to help speed up the process in finding the right freelancers. Recruiter is for hiring fresh new freelancers. Featuered is for your project to be on the spotlight which will bring in more freelancers for you to choose. Urgent is for project that in need of a freelancer fast. Blacklist help you identify which freelancer is not right for the job.
6. Once click submit, you will have to option to preview your job and edit your job. By selecting preview you will see your job post layout before anyone else. You can also go back and edit your job anytime.
If the client selects your proposal and hires you for the job, the following will occur:
1.You will receive an notification informing you that you have been selected on top right corner or in your dashboard.
2. To view incoming jobs head over to your My Project page. Here you can view current ongoing jobs or the current status on jobs that you bidded earlier.
3. Click on the freelancer tab and select active bids to view status on your bid.
If you see an accept or decline on a particular job, that mean an employer have selected you for that job and is waiting for you to select Accept or Decline to start working or denied the job.
4. Once you click accept, head over to current work in the freelancer side to view your job
you can send work files to your employer through workroom, request payments, view your current milestone etc. for each of the jobs.
Sending Pay request to the Client
To Request Payment Fund From Client
1. Go to "As Freelancer" in your dashboard and click on the current work tab. There navigate to the project you are currently working on and click the "workroom"
2. You will enter the workroom for the project. Click the milestones and click view milestones.
3. You will see a "send request" button. Click the button to notify your client about the specific milestone payment.
Can I edit my bid ?
Yes you can edit your bid as long as the project is not close or you have been selected already.
1. Go to my project and select active bids on the freelancer side.
2. In active bids click select under action and a menu will appear. Select edit bid to edit your new bid amount for that specific job.
How to use workroom?
Workroom is the business hub of your project. Here you can send files to your employer for review and see incoming payment for your work.
1. Go to my project and go to curren work on the freelancer side
2. Go to action and select workroom from the drop down menu
3. Here you can send video, music, image etc. files to employer for reviewing. You can also check the project deadline on the top right corner and each milestone payment set by the employer.
How do I post my own business?
You can post and promote your own business by following these steps:
1. Head to the top navigation bar in your main dashboard and select "Musician Resource"
2. Select the Post New button
3. List your business by adding business hours, details, and image.
4. You can view and edit your business anytime by selecting the "My Musician Resource" button.
How to start searching and buy?
How to get started with classified ads.
1. Head over to the classified ads menu on the top navigation bar.
2. You can start viewing each item or search with the item menu on the left.
3. Once you are ready to purchase, send an enquiry to the owner and start selling, trade, and buy.
How do I start selling my product?
1. Click on the "Start Selling" button in classifed ads and head to the product listing page
2. Add your product image and detail
3. Click preview to see how your product will look and click save to finish the listing.
4. You can edit your product anytime by going to the top menu and select the "Your Listed Item". Select the pencil icon and edit your product.
How to check incoming offer and message?
1.You can check incoming message and offers for your product by selecting the "Your Listed Item" menu on top navigation
2. Head to the "View Enquiries" to see all your message and offers.
3. You can accept or decline offer. Click reply to start messaging the buyer.
How to connect and start searching?
Musician Search is where you will find musicians and filmmakers around your area or globally for projects.
1. Click on musician search in top navigation menu
2. Use the search filter to right musicians and filmmakers in your local areas or anywhere worldwide.
3. View their profile by clicking on each user name. You can also send them a message by clicking the contact button.