To sign up on musicfreelancer.net and create your profile:
1. Click on the Sign up and Continue at the top of the musicfreelancer.net website.
2. Accept the confirmation link sent to your via email. You will be sent back to the site which you will need to login by a pop up login screen. From there you can invite all your friend to join musicfreelancer as well.
3,Once in the site, go to the left navigation bar of musicfreelancer and click on edit profile to complete your basic information . Once you're done head over to My Profile and click on "As Freelancer" or "Employer" to finish off the rest of your profile by adding your portfolio, reference, etc..
You can access support by going to the bottom of the site footer
Or by the left side of your dashboard homepage
After you have created your profile,you can start submitting proposals for jobs. You can find and evaluate jobs by browsing "find jobs" or by receiving invitations from potential clients to submit proposals for their jobs.
To browse jobs:
1. Go to 'Find jobs' on the top navigation bar and choose Search Jobs .
2. You can browse jobs by a number of criteria on the search filter to the left of the page:
Specific music type
3. You can also hover over the find jobs button on top of the homepage, which will reveal a drop down categories of jobs to help your search easier.
4.Click the Job Name to view a particular job description in more detail.
5.For additional information about a client, click on client's username.
Once a project is accepted from both parties and is ready for work, create a milestone:
Guide to creating a milestone:
1. If you're an employer, simply head over to your "as employer" under my project and select the active tab
2. Click on the link "Set Milestone" which will take you to the milestone creation page.
3. Once there, you will see the total bid of the project in the top right corner. You can also see the progress bar which will progress base on the funds you have created to meet the max bid amount. Enter the amount, title, date of the payment that the freelancer must meet, and description. Once you are set click the create button to start your first milestone. Music freelancer will deduct a small 3% fee from the miletsone amount you have created.
4. Once you have created your first miletsone, you will be direct back to the specific project milestone control page. Here you can release the funds, cancel, or create a dispute for that specific milestone. You can create more milestone by clicking the "create a milestone" on top right under the project number. You can also see your milestone create history by looking at the "outgoing create milestone" tab on the bottom.
1. Starting dispute can be access from your dashboard under dispute
2. Click create dispute to start your dispute .
3. Choose the project and the user to dispute. Type your issue as detail as possible and upload any files you may want to show as evidence during the dispute process. Once click submit, you will enter stage two of the dispute process.
4. Once you are in stage two. You can click the amount that you want to dispute for and submit evidence until the 5 days are up. Both side have to come into conclusion in 5 days. Once the deadline have pass and both side have not come into a conclusion, will be given a chance to enter into an arbitration. All evidence submit during the stage 3 arbitration will NOT be consider valid evidence. Only evidence from stage two and under the 5 days time frame are consider valid evidence.
5. If you agree to the dispute amount during stage 2, click accept offer to agree on the dispute payment and close the case. Dispute funds will be disburse from the agree amount to your balance.
What Is My Bookmark Project?
Bookmark project is for user who want to save specific post job that they like for viewing and accessing it later. Think of it like a memory card for saving jobs.
1. When searching for jobs, click into a specific job and a " bookmark this project" button will be available. Click the button to save that specific job into you "my bookmark project" in user profile.
2. Go to profile. Click on "my bookmark project" to access the bookmark job that you save earlier.
3. Another way to view your saved job is to hover the mouse over the find jobs tab above the site and click on "bookmark project". There you can see the jobs that had been bookmark earlier.
How Does ClassifiedAds Work?
ClassifiedAds is where musician's filmmaker come to buy and sell items like gears and accessories.
1. To access ClassifiedAds, go to main profile and on the left under "Add Classified Ads" are 4 links
2. Add Classified Ads- User can start posting their item by filling out all the necessary detail for the item in add classified ads. Upon completing the description click on "preview" to preview the item page and click "save" to post the item publicly.
3.Classified Ads List is where you can view and edit all the items that you had posted. You can edit the item by clicking on the green pencil icon.
4. Any user that sent you a message about the product will be shown in the "View Enquiries" section.
How to earn money?
Once you have completed your job and both party agreed to request and release the funds, your payment amount will be transfer to your musicfreelancer account. There you can see your totalk amount of current amount you have in your account.
Once you added your money, you can head over and check your income amount at transaction history
1. Go to finance in your dashboard. Click on the membership tab and select the plans you want.
Musician Search is where you will find the musicians you need around your area.
To contact a musician, simply click the contact button and start talking !
Start connecting and start searching for the right musicians around your area !
You can see incoming musician search message through your dashboard under contact message
For those who register using Google Gmail, please check your registration link in the spam section. We are currently trying to fix the issue with links going to spam but for now here are some tips on how to find your MusicFreelancer registration link.
Go to the Gmail search option on your left and click "more"
Then go to the "spam" folder to see your MusicFreelancer registration link.
To withdraw the Payment:
1. Go to the Fund Management link and click Withdraw Funds.
2. Add your paypal and bank account first where it said "add acount"
3. Once your account is added the click on "click here" to start withdrawing your funds.
4. Enter your amount and click submit
If the client selects your proposal and hires you for the job, the following will occur:
You will receive an notification informing you that you have been selected.
The job can be found on your Dasboard when you click "as freelancer" and head to the active bid tab. Click Accept or Decline options under status to start working or denied the job.
Once you click accept, the job will be open and you can now start working.
Sending Pay request to the Client
To Request Payment Fund From Client
1. Go to "As Freelancer" in your dashboard and click on the current work tab. There navigate to the project you are currently working on and click the "workroom"
2. You will enter the workroom for the project. Click the milestones and click view milestones.
3. You will see a "send request" button. Click the button to notify your client about the specific milestone payment.
To browse freelancers profiles: 1. On the home page, select find freelancer in the top navigation bar.
2. You can filter the search results using the options in the left navigation. Sort by clicking the filter search or the search tab bar on top of the page
3. You can click into each freelancer profile and see his or her qualification, review, skills, etc.. You can also invite the freelancer to check out your newly post project or message the freelancer by clicking the chat button or the send message button.
Once employer and provider agree on the job, head over to workroom to begin
Workroom is where employer and provider work by sending files back and forth. Provider will upload his work for the employer to see. Employer can view sample of the work in doc , video, and audio format. When the employer is satisfy with the final outcome of the provider work then he can select the multiple files , pay the provider, and download the work straight off of musicfreelancer.
1. Go to "as freelancer" and head to "current work". There you can see all the job available to you as a provider. Click the "workroom" link to enter workroom.
2. Once you're in the workroom, you can send the employer message, check your payment history, check milestone, and most importanly send files to your employer to see you progress by clicking "Send Sample File".
3.Send sample file, you can send video, audio, and doc files. MusicFreelancer only accept (.m4a, webm, and ogg) video files. For music files we currently accept ( aac, mp4, mp3, and ogg) Wav will be supported very soon. For now you can convert WAV files to mp3 and send it .
1.Employer can head to workroom through clicking "as employer" under my project and head to the "active" tab. There you can see all the job that is currently being work on.
2. Select workroom.
3. Employer can send message to freelancer, check milestone, payment history, view sample file, view final.
4. View sample file allow the employer to view files that the provider have sent for review. Here you can view each files to see if anything is wrong. Employer can downoad sample of the files or share to a friend to view the work.
5. Once satisfy with the result, the "mark as final file" will be where you select the final files that you want to fully download. Once click submit, the files will be sent to a queue system in the "final view" page.
6. Once in the final view page, click submit and a term of agreement box will pop up. Clicking agree will send you to the milestone page. All amount must be paid to the provider or else the files won't be downloaded. Once full amount is paid, return to the view final file page in workroom, now the employer can download the files directly into desktop.
Creating Your Portfolio
After you have completed your profile,you can edit your portfolio.
To edit your portfolio:
1. In your profile, head to the left and selct "as freelancer" under My Profile.
2. Scroll down until the portfolio tab appear and click edit on the side of the tab.
3. Click upload new and fill out the information including your portfolio file. ( Remember that you can upload only 1 pic or file at a time. Adding more file require you to select "upload new" and start with another file)
4. Once you have completed uploading your file click "activate" on the side of your work to make it public for everyone to see.
Post a Job
To post jobs on musicfreelancer.net,
1.click on " Post Jobs" button in the upper left corner of the home page.
2. Fill out all the information provided
3.You may select up to 5 relevant skills you would like your contractor to have or groups that you would like your contractor to have joined. When you select skills, your job will be tagged with the associated keywords, making it more visible to qualified contractors when they are searching our job database.
4. You may attach up to 10 files (maximum size 50 MB per attachment) that help clarify the job requirements
5. Select a Fixed price or Hourly job. Fixed price jobs are best when you have well-defined scope and structure for the work. If the job scope is less certain and you would like to work with your contractor on a more flexible basis, then choose the hourly option. Hourly jobs are Work View enabled. Work View is a safe and efficient way to pay for hourly work online. You will also be asked to select your budget. You will have the option to choose from a set of predefined budget ranges or you can create your own custom range.
6. Once click submit, you will have to option to preview your job and edit your job. Preivew your job is what it would look like for other freelancers checking your job post. You can also go back and edit your job.